ChampFood is a natural and organic compost supplement that results in higher yields and improved mushroom quality. ChampFood supplements:
- Are all made of natural ingredients
- Are coated with a slow-release agent so that nutrients are released gradually
- Have improved sterility through a special treatment
- Do not cause the compost temperature to increase beyond problematic levels
- Are scientifically formulated and continually adapted in accordance with the latest (technological) standards
ChampFood products contain denatured soybean meal, other protein sources, carbohydrate-rich materials, lipids and minerals. During the production process, a slow-release agent is added to provide a delayed nutrient release. This slow-release agent (i.e. coating) also prevents competitor moulds from using the easily available nutrients.
ChampFood International provides a wide range of supplements with varying protein, carbohydrate and mineral levels. Even rich composts do not contain the amounts and types of protein (amino acids) needed for maximum production. ChampFood products optimise the nitrogen level of the compost, while minerals are required to establish mycelium growth and fruit body formation.
When choosing our products, it is important to understand the difference between supplementation at spawning and supplementation at casing. In both cases, using ChampFood products will result in an excellent yield increase combined with outstanding final product quality. The difference between the two types of supplements is the amount of slow-release agent added to the supplement.
A selection from ChampFood’s extensive product portfolio is shown below.